Thursday, February 12, 2015

Torch vs Wicker Lamp

There are many lighting sources in SC, some of which include: Jack O' Lanterns, Christmas Trees, Light Bulbs, Led, and of course: the torch and wicker lamp.

For your basic survival purposes, I find the torch and wicker lamp to be great resources. But which is better??

Torch:

Stackable? To 40.
Emitted light amount? 14 blocks in any direction.
Fluid blocker? No.

Other: Can be placed on any vertical or horizontal space. Small, takes up minimal space.

Crafting: Easy to find materials, cheap to  make.

Torch2

Wicker Lamp:

Stackable? To 40.
Emitted light amount? 15 directions in any direction.
Fluid blocker? No.

Other: Can be placed on any vertical or horizontal space. Emits more light than a torch. Decorative.

Crafting: Takes more material than a torch, but still cheap to produce.

Crafting a wicker lamp


I will say that for mining, I like to use torches. They are cheap, and my mining caves just don't need decorative lamps. They are also smaller and make it easier to move around.

For lighting my home and horse barns, however, I do choose to use wicker lamps. They are more expensive to produce, but they do make my house and barns look more classy ;)

I didn't really take lighting range into consideration since the difference is only 1 block.

So which to you prefer?? Torches or Lamps??

1 comment:

  1. I think breeding should have things such as a pregnant female and a certain amount of time to wait for the unborn calf, cub,foal or, pup

    ReplyDelete