And I would like to know: Do YOU want breeding??
There are pros and cons...
- Animals will be a renewable resource
- If animals are eaten by predators, accidentally killed, etc. it won't be as much of a problem to replace them
- You can choose what color animals you desire. [ Ex: Breeding 2 palomino horses to yield another palomino, breeding black cows and bulls to acquire more black cows, etc. ]
- It may make the game easier. I like to search for my animals! It offers challenge!
- May need new crops to farm - if Kaalus were to program breeding similar to MC.
- Overcrowding. Players may get carried away and make too many animals!
And of course, with pros and cons, problems arise...
- Male and Female animals?? [ Yes, this IS already present in cattle for obvious reasons ]
- How would they be marked as male and female? [ I don't think they can all be unisex because we already have the presence of cows and bulls ]
- Would you be able to breed animals you normally wouldn't keep as pets?? [ Ex: Giraffe, Tiger, etc. - animals that do not drop anything and/or are not necessary for survival ]
- Horse + Donkey = Mule. Could mules be added??
- Limit to an animals breeding capabilities?? If you were to keep 2 horses in a tall fenced in area so that they would have a very small chance of dying, could you breed then infinitely??
I think that breeding would be a nice addition - but with limits.
What do you think?? Any more pros, cons, or potential problems??