- Avoid cold biomes unless you ABSOLUTELY have to go through them. This will save you a lot of trouble.
- Germanium.power from the SC Wiki suggests wearing a fur hat, cotton shirt, leather jerkin, leather pants, and leather boots. They are all light weight, easy to obtain, and warm. Leather boots have a movement speed of 105%!! [ To see all stats for every clothing article, visit the SC Wiki ]
- Germanium also suggests taking coal blocks and matches with you on long journeys. Coal blocks will burn infinitely, and matches are easy to obtain. So you can use your coal blocks over and over, without wasting anything.
- Have extra supplies on hand. Killing many wolves/coyotes/bears at a time and harvesting a lot of cotton will help you when you need to craft clothes. That way you have everything you need and you don't have to go searching far.
- Keep extra clothes with you on long journeys. For obvious reasons, it is good to keep extra clothes with you in case your old ones wear out.
- Don't wear clothes when you don't need them. If you're in a desert or mining near magma, you don't need to wear clothes. You can save them for when you really need them.
Saturday, January 3, 2015
As of the 1.26 update, freezing is a danger to the player. Here are some tips to beat the cold!!