Stanimus from the SC wiki noticed that we are getting a lot of comments asking regarding beginner tips. I am glad to see so many new players! And I thought it would be a good idea to share the beginner tips Stanimus posted on the SC Wiki:
- Find a decent place for your shelter before the sun begins to set. Predators will be after you as soon as it gets dark and you want some time to dig or build the shelter before the sun sets.
- Until you have good clothing and you can get more, it's easiest to survive if you stay in or very close to desert biomes. You will not freeze, it does not rain, you can see farther away (no trees) and you can usually find food animals nearby. However, lions rhinos and other nasties also like the desert.
- Don't leave your shelter during bad weather. The rain will make you get cold fmuch faster plus, you could be set afire by lightning.
- Don't go into a snow biome without protection or you will freeze.
- Stay out of the water unless you are in a very warm biome and even then watch your step! Don't step on rays. They don't like it and will attack you.
- Watch your step everywhere! It's too easy to think you are only walking over a hill but the other side might be a shear cliff.
- Carrying capacity is limited. Only carry what you need. You can use the personal crafting slots as extra storage, if needed. Throw away things that are easy to replace such as leaf blocks, if you're in a forest.
- When playing in Harmless, Adventure, Challenging, or Cruel mode, make sure to get the basics first: Shelter and Food. The shelter can be a hole and the food can be bird eggs or pumpkins.
Here is the link to the SC Wiki Tips, Tricks, and Common Mistakes page: http://survivalcraftgame.wikia.com/wiki/Tips%2C_Tricks%2C_and_Common_Mistakes
The SC Wiki also has new content on the Home Page! http://survivalcraftgame.wikia.com/wiki/SurvivalCraft_Wiki
Until next time, Happy Surviving ;)